Thursday, October 16, 2008

Recession?

It's funny, well not really funny I suppose, that here we are in a recession (or call it what you want) and Manny is asking for 25 million in L.A. If he does not get this, he's gonna go a shopping. What kind of world do we live in please tell me when athletes need/get this kind of money? Where is all this excess money even coming from? How can so many people be living on the edge when so many people have money like this? I realize all about capitalism and the wonders of it, but isn't there a point where it's just vulgar?

Cousin Karen is coming Saturday from N.Y. In my 18 years here in Israel, she will be the first relative to get together (from my side) with us. I am thrilled as I love my cousins and wish that we had a true family tree that functioned. We don't, but at least Karen is coming.

Monica, Eva's sister, is also coming. We will have a new dog in the house and I am sure this will only bring joy to our lives. I miss my strong, smart and stubborn wonder dog Candy and even lit a candle for her on Yom Kippur (hope this was okay with the powers that be). I still leave a light on for her occasionally as I always want her to know that this house is her house and her spirit is welcome any time. I miss her.

K sent me a link to a write-up on our dear mutual friend who died over a year ago of cancer. It sent electric pulses through my body to read about her and I miss her as well. I know, I know, I know that we need to hold tightly to what we have at the moment, but somehow I forget to do this at times. Then when what you want to hold so tightly to is lost forever, you wish you had it back. Thus, the bike rides and all the dedications that I make on them is one method of never forgetting and always rekindling the memory of dear friends, or donating my cerebral mush to those still with us now and thanking them for their love and friendship.
Chag Samach all. J

No comments: