Tuesday, November 07, 2017

On Being Lucky-Flying to Morovia



I must be lucky
I must be vanilla
Or a stranger in the Canyon
Staring up at Havasu Falls

What I do most of all
Is try to tease out the wisdom
That I know is there

I tell them that it is
Some listen

I must be lucky for I anger easily
I am incensed
I shake my index finger
Flash my middle one
Let the spittle fly forth with deadly aim

Don't ask me to apologize for seeing things as I do
Or speaking my mind on these matters
It pains me to no end not being able to ignore

I must be lucky for the vapor trails that I leave
Criss-crossing skies and continents
Feeling slightly out-of-place in my verdant life
Yet feeling even more out-of-place in the Middle Eastern Land
Producing images still that resonate at least to me

I must be lucky to have the things I do
Though blinded by my luck
Callous to the chances I have had
Sometimes
Only sometimes
I take it all for granted

Yet most times
I realize
I must be lucky.


No comments: